I’ve already posted my opinions and details on my recent protective hairstyle, a sew in weave with Wink Protein Hair Blend by Vivica Fox Hair, below is a video so you can get a better view of how the hair looks.
As I already stated, this hair retails for around $20 per pack and although it is not human hair can be curled with temperatures of 300-360F. There are trade offs for using less expensive, non-human hair but there are times I think wearing this hair would be appropriate.
Reasons to Wear Wink By Vivica Fox Hair:
- Any short term style – this hair is not expected to last through multiple washings so if you have an event for which you require or desire a different look or added length and only plan to wear the hair about four weeks, this hair is a good choice.
- Your first weave – to test out how you like the style and caring for your hair beneath.
- If you plan to cut the hair while wearing to change up the look; I for one do NOT cut my higher quality hair extensions, the weft or the length.
- To make a quick weave (something I’ve never done…but may consider!)
- To experiment with u-part or full wig making.
- To add some color to your do (I prefer not to color my expensive extensions)
Although this hair can be curled…I actually think it diminishes the life of the hair. The first place that will start to appear “ratty” are the ends and repeated curling, from what I can tell thus far, will just wear them out that much faster. So after the stylist curled it, I’ve been using rollers to maintain the curls and so far, so good! Hope you enjoyed!
I serve as a Glam Ambassador for Vivica Fox Hair, a voluntary position with various perks.