I hate to always reference things I’ve said or posted via social media, but seriously if you follow me via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram then you already know how excited I have been about my recent installation of the Hollywood 10 Minute Sew In! I took several photos with my phone when I first got it done then realized I wanted to wait until I had some where to go before recording my initial install video so I could get extra cute to do the hair justice!
#POW! (please pardon my random hashtagging…it has taken over my life.) So that I don’t get to self absorbed and go on and on about how much I love the hair, how gorgeous it is, how soft it feels and how GOOD it looks on me…lemme just post my video so you can see exactly how it looks live and in color!
Details about the unit: Virgin Malaysian Wavy Hair, 14/16 inches, 6.5 ounces – Retails for $260
What is the Hollywood 10 Minute Sew In?
The Hollywood 10 Minute Sew In is an innovative, revolutionary, patent pending 1-unit extension that was designed specifically for Hollywood stars and is now available to you. It allows you to have all the visual and physical benefits of a full sew-in and all the convenience benefits of a wig. Think of it as a full sew-in and wig hybrid.
How it Works:
The Hollywood 10 Minute Sew In is a 1-unit extension that has a specialty weft at the top, sides and bottom of the unit. This specialty weft is a thin flat weft that (slightly extends) and allows you or your stylist to sew-in a few small sections instead of having to sew-in each individual track. You have the option to have only one small braid at the top of your head; one on each side and one in the back or you have the option to have your entire head braided.
See my unboxing video to get a visual demonstration of the unit.
Benefits of the Hollywood 10 Minute Sew In:
- Installation is SO MUCH FASTER!!! The unit only has to be sewn to an anchor braid around the perimeter of your head and leave out. Sewing one unit is much faster than sewing individual tracks for a full or even partial sew in.
- With the exception of the anchor braid, your hair does not need to be braided into small cornrows (as you saw from my video above) or especially neat since you aren’t attaching any hair to it. This is much faster than creating a super neat, tiny braided base.
- Upon washing, your real hair dries much faster due to the open construction of the cap.
- Take down is much faster because you only have to detach the perimeter of the unit!
- You guys know I’m a weave snob and have spent a grip on some of the best hair out there. Paying $260 for essentially a full head of virgin hair (Malaysian at that) is really a good deal.
- You won’t have to pay your stylist for a full sew in and can even install it yourself.
- Not only is this a protective style, but you can take better care of your hair while in this unit than a traditional sew in. Normally with a sew in, I use a net cap which doesn’t give me as much access to my real hair as the Hollywood 10 Minute Sew In. You can clean, condition and moisturize your hair more adequately.
- Less tension on your hair. Because you don’t have thread going around each braid of your hair, you aren’t placing any tension at all the majority of your hair. This also makes it painless and much more comfortable immediately upon installation; if you have every gotten a traditional sew in or braids then you know the first few days are usually hell because your hair is so tight (even if it isn’t overly so).
- As you saw from my unboxing video, the unit can be fashioned into a variety of ways around your leave out – straight across, a v-shape, u-shape, side or middle part, or no part at all.
- Also as demonstrated, depending on your preferences you can leave the perimeter of your hair out and wear it half up, in a ponytail or bun straight back, with a headband, etc.
- The hair is 100% human hair – so it can be curled, straightened and dyed. It is also virgin hair so the curls should fully revert upon straightening and re-wetting (as opposed to steam processed hair).