Although I normally follow the traditional method using soapy water, there are times when I want to pamper myself and give my hands a special treat. Spa manicures are so decadent and in addition to pamper, they can help your hands stay youthful looking. Below I demonstrate how to do a spa manicure at home (products & steps listed below video):
How to Do a Spa Manicure at Home – 10 Easy Steps
- File your dry nails (before soaking) to avoid ripping and tearing of the tips.
- Soak your nails in warm oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Exfoliate your hands, concentrating on your cuticles, with a hand scrub (I love the one shown in the video).
- Rinse well.
- Slather your hands with moisturizer.
- Slide your hands into plastic hand protectors (Ziploc bags work just as well).
- Place your hands into hand warmers and allow moisturizer to penetrate for about 10 minutes.
- Apply cuticle remover and gently push back your cuticles.
- Rinse your hands and clean nail beds with alcohol swabs followed by nail polish remover.
- Proceed with polishing your nails as normal.
I uploaded the video above to my YouTube channel a few weeks ago, but this week decided to follow this method which reminded me to share it with you here. My polish of choice this week is by China Glaze and it is called Mahogany Magic. China Glaze polishes are inconsistent as far as wear and formula but this one is a complete hit, its creamy, non-streaking and covers well in just one coat (although I applied two).