Back with another tutorial for the #L4LPSC (great for the mini-challenge also)! The inspiration for this ‘twisted bun protective style’ is the woman pictured above – and I have absolutely no idea to whom credit belongs! I think it was a photo that was pinned on Pinterest, made its way through the blogosphere and now readily turns up in image searches. *sigh* I really hate when I have no idea whose photo I’m using and if any of you knows, please leave it in the comments below so I can add the appropriate link and watermark!
Anywhoo – I knew I wanted to recreate the style upon first look. The woman pictured looks to have thick natural hair and it also appears to be a bit longer than mine, therefore I chose to use synthetic hair to bulk up my twist in the front along with the bun in the back. Below is a quick tutorial of how I recreated her twisted bun protective style:
Twisted Bun Protective Style Instructions:
- Starting with well moisturized hair, finger part the front section of your hair and clip to keep it separate.
- Smooth the remaining hair into a medium-low ponytail.
- Using a large bobby pin, secure one half pack of synthetic hair into the middle of the front section of your hair.
- Create a flat two strand twist with both your hair and the synthetic hair along the front of your head angling from right to left.
- Continue to twist the length of the hair all the way to the ends then wrap around your ponytail and pin into place.
- Pin the second half of the synthetic hair into your ponytail.
- Two strand twist your hair and create a small bun.
- With the loose synthetic hair, create a third two strand twist, wrap around your bun and pin into place.
- Viola! You are finished!