Hair vitamins have been around for years but recently their popularity has soared through the roof. As they should, after all healthy hair is a reflection of not only what we do on the outside but the things we fuel our bodies with starting from the inside. Drinking lots of water, a clean healthy diet and for some, hair vitamins all help our hair to grow long and strong. Here is a list of the five most popular hair vitamins, all of which look to work well when taken consistently.
1. Hairfinity: As I said, Hairfinity is arguably the most popular hair vitamin on the market. As their company has grown, they have enlisted endorsements from several long haired celebrities such as Keisha Knight Pulliam and Antonia “Toya” Wright. Hairfinity has a hefty price tag of $24 for a one month supply; available online and at select retailers.
2. Nouritress: These hair vitamins aren’t advertised as frequently online via hair forums and blogs, but you cannot flip through any black hair magazine without seeing one of their advertisements. Nouritress products – not only their hair vitamins – seem to be steeped in a scientific approach to solving hair problems. You can find Nouritress online and at select JC Penney stores.
3. Beauty Vites: Created by Liquid Gold, maker of one of my favorite growth aids, these hair vitamins were temporarily removed from their product list but are back by popular demand. Also available online exclusively, these vitamins are a steal at only $11.95 per bottle (30 day supply) plus you can get an additional 15% off using our discount code L4L. At that price, you may as well get a couple of their growth aids too!
4. Manetabolism: Founded by popular hair vlogger Courtney, a former pre-med major with a degree in Biology, these vitamins are one of the newest to the market. Although Courtney herself grew her incredibly beautiful hair before she completed the formulation of these hair vitamins, she places her full endorsement (obviously) behind her products and these seem to show promise as a top choice of hair supplements. Also has the standard $24.99 price for a 30 day supply.
5. Kra-z Hair Gro Herbal Hair Vitamin Formula: Created by Ms. Leola, founder of the Nzuri Natural Hair show in Houston, TX. Having had the pleasure of interviewing her in person as a media correspondent, I can attest that Leola is a truly health conscious woman and believes healthy hair begins from the inside. These vitamins are available online and are generally on sale for $24.95 per 30 day supply.
Personally, I’ve tried some generic health food store brands and Nouritress. I cannot report on how well they worked for my hair because I am one of the unfortunate women whose skin breaks out horribly from the added biotin! So, hair vitamins are a no-go for me, so I have to stick to my normal multi-vitamin.
If you try or have tried any of these hair vitamin brands, we’d all love to hear your results!
Please drop a comment below with your recommendation and/or review.
Disclosure: Longing 4 Length is an affiliate of Hairfinity, Liquid Gold, and Nzuri.