This post is long overdue – but let me just begin by saying I absolutely LOVE my Hercules Sagemann combs! I’ve mentioned the 3Comb detangling method sporadically in random wash day posts or hair rambles but this post gives all the details and includes the combs I use. Pardon the length of the post, you know I like my reviews to be thorough and will probably refer back to it often in future posts…so settle in and bear with me.
When I saw the review for the Magic Rake Comb on 6 Foot Long Hair and went to the website to order, being my normal inquisitive self I decided to look around the site for other ways to blow my money essential tools I need. I stumbled on their 3Comb Smooth post and was immediately intrigued! I ordered three combs: The 5660 (Magic Jumbo Rake), HS1975 (Styling Comb), and the 6450 (tail comb) to use for detangling. My total was $41.05 after a 10% discount code was applied. I know what you are thinking – if you are still reading and didn’t immediately click the x at the top of your browser when you saw that amount. You’re thinking $40 on three combs? What you smokin on ECP?!
Well…I’m completely sober! *Girl Scout Honor* Clearly you already know my hair is important to me, so this may not be all that shocking. These combs are seamless, burr free, non-porous, hygienic, hand sawed, sturdy, and extremely non-damaging. Prior to purchasing these combs, I always thought that SOME breakage whenever you combed your hair was normal. Yes, almost three years into my HHJ and I still check the hairs in the comb for that little white bulb to see if its shed or broken. If 90% of the hair was indeed shedding (had the bulb), I accepted the other 10% of broken hair as inevitable.