Mommy & Me | JaLesa & Zoe

Mommy & Me | JaLesa & Zoe

SHARE

Welcome to Mommy & Me, where mom’s share hair stories, tips and information about their own hair along with their daughter’s hair journey.

Mommy & Me Jalesa & Zoe About Mommy, Jalesa

Hair: Relaxed & Transitioning

Regimen: I normally wear hair weaves. My hairline is the only part of my hair that is relaxed, the middle of my hair hasn’t been relaxed in over 2 years or more. I wear sew-ins 85% of the time and let my natural hair relax for the other 15%.

Kids Hair Care, Natural Hair for Kids, Natural Hair for Children, Girls Hair Styles, Natural Hair Styles for Girls

About Daughter, Zoe

Age: 3.5

Hair:  Natural

Regimen: My daughter has very soft hair. Although it doesn’t hold braids well I mostly keep it braided and two strand twisted with beads. I wash her hair twice a month, and use the children’s African Pride 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner and detangler.

Staple Products: I use Shea Moisture, Carol’s daughter, and coconut oil in both of our hair.

Kids Hair Care, Natural Hair for Kids, Natural Hair for Children, Girls Hair Styles, Natural Hair Styles for Girls (1) Does your hair style or texture influence the way your daughter wants her hair to look?  She has asked me to straighten her hair like my hair weave and I have blow dried it and flat ironed it once but it didn’t last it curled back up instantly.

Is hair time with your daughter a bonding experience or nightmare? Does she enjoy or dread it?  My daughter actually enjoys hair time. It’s usually done around bed time after bath and she normally falls asleep before I’m finished. She loves “getting pretty” as she calls it!

Thank you JaLesa and Zoe for sharing your hair stories with us!  Your matching outfits are adorable and Mommy you do a great job with Zoe’s curls!