- Clarify (Bee Mine has a Clarifying Bar), deep condition with a conditioner that contains NO protein (i.e. Bee Mine BeeUtiFul Deep conditioner not the Avocado Balanced Conditioner, leave that alone for now!) and use a leave in with NO protein – i.e. Deja’s Hair Milk.
- To accelerate the process of infusing moisture back into your strands, try baggying. Moisturize your hair with a protein free product (not the Bee Mine Luscious) don’t seal yet and apply a plastic shower cap overnight. In the morning your hair should be back to normal.
- After that first clarifying wash, go back to using a moisturizing shampoo. My personal preference is a sulfate-free one (Giovanni Smooth as Silk) but there are a number of great ones on the market.
- If you have already tried those steps, check your porosity. Once my hair felt brittle and chronically dry no matter what I did to it. I bought Roux Porosity Control conditioner and after my hair airdried it was back to feeling soft. If you don’t have the RPC you can use an ACV rinse to do the exact same thing, use 1-2 tbsp of ACV per 2 cups of water. Do this as your rinse before applying your conditioner because it can make the strands feel rough initially. Apply it to your hair, let it sit for a moment, comb through with your fingers and then rinse and deep condition as normal.
- So – Clarify, Correct Porosity with Roux Porosity Control or Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse, Deep Condition with Moisture, Airdry with protein-free leave in, Baggy overnight.
– Deep Conditioner (moisture): Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aussie 3 Minute Moisture Miracle
– Moisturizing Leave-In (moisture): Aussie Daily Leave-In spray, ElastaQP Feels Like Silk H2 Leave-In
– Clarifying Shampoo: Suave Daily Clarify, CHI Clean Start