I began using the TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave In conditioner at the same exact time that I started using their Honey Miracle Hair Mask. As you can see from my review of the mask and other recent posts, I am loving TGIN these days and have been using their products regularly for wash days for about two months. The leave in conditioner is yet another hit. I purchased this (and two additional jars of conditioner and the twist and define cream) from my local Sally Beauty Supply with coupons during a sale, so keep your eye out for deals!
Price: $15.99 via Amazon
Ingredients: Aqua (Water) Infused with Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Camellia Cinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbedensis Leaf Juice Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argania Spinosa (Moroccan Argan) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Honey, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John’s Wort) Flower, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pro Vitamin B5, Propanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Rosemary Extract, Fragrance (Parfum).
How I Use: I typically apply this as the first step in the LOC method (“L” for leave-in) before styling my hair. When combined with the awesome nourishing and moisturizing effects of the TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask conditioner and a great sealant like castor oil, my hair stays soft and most importantly super moisturized between wash days without requiring additional product to be added.
Final Thoughts: The smell of this product is great – I love a slight fruity fragrance. At $15.99 for 12 ounces, you may be thinking this product is pricey but I have to say it is so effective (especially when your hair is super moisturized from your deep conditioner) that a little bit goes a very long way. I’ve used this product at least five or more times and you can see the bottle is still nearly full.
Once again the ingredients are not fully “natural” but I have rated it slightly higher for ingredients than the hair mask because it does not contain cones. This product is full of healthy, natural moisturizers and oils and promises to:
- SOFT, SHINY AND MANAGEABLE HAIR: Our Green Tea Super Moist Leave in Conditioner contains Argan oil which penetrates the scalp to nourish the roots of your hair, facilitating hair growth.
- EFFECTIVELY DETANGLES KNOTS: Tangles are caused when the outer layer of your hair (the cuticle) becomes damaged and ruptured. Our leave in conditioner tackles this by repairing the cuticle.
- REDUCES FRIZZ, FLYAWAYS AND BREAKAGE: One unique ingredient in this leave in conditioner, Argan oil, not only heals hair, but prevents future damage, does away with split ends, and diminishes dryness.
- REPLENISHES HAIRS NATURAL OILS: This lightweight formula restores your hair’s natural oils without excessive build-up, leaving your hair smooth and lustrous and easing scalp inflammation.
- PROMOTES HAIR GROWTH: This leave in conditioner contains Green Tea and Argan oil to encourage hair growth while preventing hair loss. It does this by enabling better blood flow to the scalp.
I can attest that it definitely reduces frizz, keeps my hair moisturized (soft, shiny, manageable) and reduces tangles. As for promoting hair growth, that may be a stretch since it is not applied directly to your scalp. But I have absolutely no complaints other than it could be priced a little lower – however as I said a little does go a long way.
I have never had a staple creamy leave-in conditioner but this one just slid onto my must haves list. TGIN is quickly becoming one of my favorite product lines.